Tuesday, June 03, 2014

COLDPLAY'S GHOST STORIES




Hallo,
this time I want to review Coldplay's newest album titled Ghost Stories.



picture source: here


I still remembered Coldplay said that they took a hiatus for 3 years. As their die hard fans, I try to wait (im)patiently while save my money just in case they held a concert in Jakarta or nearby countries.

Then suddenly, I open my twitter account and read Coldplay official twitter which stated that they launch their album titled Ghost Stories on May 19 2014!! OH MY GOODNESS!! Since then, I keep checking @coldplay and my favorite Coldplay fan page: @ColdplayAtlas; @ColdplayID; and @IDWantsColdplay . 

Their first single is Midnight. When their second single, Magic, was out, I was curious with the meaning. It could be both fell in love or heartbroken. It turned out that Chris Martin consciously split from Gwyneth Paltrow. And he said Ghost Stories was all about heartbroken. Of course the genius Chris Martin wrote the lyrics with his poetic yet simple style with very deep meaning. You can download the booklet lyrics, with Chris's handwriting, here

I pre-ordered that CD since I was too lazy to go to the nearest shopping mall :D I tried to not download the album illegally. Finally the CD is in my hand! Along with the postcard or kinda thing and buttons set. I was one of 100 first buyer so I got those things.



The whole songs, in my opinion, are GREAT! Well many people don't like that because they think Coldplay has lost their original music style. Come on, Parachutes is also great but Coldplay just try to get into the modern music by keeping their creativity. And it works very well.
You know what, I want to write my review about the album but I can't. Dunno why every time I love something (or someone), I can't explain why I love it. I just love it. Simple :D

My wish: be able to watch Coldplay's concert. I hope Jakarta will be the venue, but don't mind if they held it in Singapore or Kuala Lumpur. Viva la Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment